Master Degree and University Diploma
●Applicants to the Master programs should be holders of the Lebanese Official Secondary Certificate (Baccalaureate II) or equivalent and a Bachelor degree (for the master Degree only), of any specialty, with at least two years’ professional experience.
●The Admissions Committee assesses applications and identifies candidates who should sit for proficiency evaluation tests for the Arabic language, English language, non-violence and/or human rights. Based on the evaluation outcomes, academic upgrading courses could be requested before starting the curricula.
Applicants need to submit the following:
AUNOHR has a flexible educational philosophy with no deadlines, whereby enrollment of students occurs at any date of the academic year.
Stages and duration of the studies
There are three basic stages for the Master and Diploma programs as follows:
• The registration and preparatory stage begin at any time of the academic year to allow students start their studies at their own convenient dates.
• The preparatory stage is an integral part of the curriculum and is common to all majors. Its main objective is to provide students with the opportunity of preparing themselves about the fundamentals of non-violent thinking and self-rehabilitation, in light of the lack of university studies in these specialties.
• Studies begin immediately after registration at any time of the academic year with a series of homework, as an integral part of two courses: NHR501 Culture of non-violence and NR527 Philosophers and Pioneer of Non-violence.
On Campus Studies Stage
The AUNOHR administration announces the course offering at the beginning of each academic year. Attendance is mandatory during this phase of the university campus.
AUNOHR has three types of course schedule,
Students can choose the most adapted schedule to their situation, as they can combine two or three schedules:
Thesis stage (for the Master degree only)
Depending on the academic progress and the academic advisor consent, students may proceed to their thesis registration. After completing the research and the thesis defense, students obtain clearance for graduation.
Tuition fees and Scholarship
In addition to the fees of the “Application for Admission” form (USD 100) and the “Annual Registration” (USD 150), studies include the credits’ fees:
• 36 credits for the Master degree, which could be covered over two or three years (depending on the student's desire or ability): The cost of each credit is USD 350.
• 27 credits for the university diploma, which could be covered over one or two years (depending on the student's desire or ability): The cost of each credit is USD 350.
Tuition fees are already reduced, in order to support students and to
• Scholarship applications will be considered only after the admission and registration are completed.
• After receiving applications, the admissions committee assesses students' needs in order to allocate the scholarship to those who actually need it.
• The scholarship percent would be between 20% minimum and 50% maximum of the tuition.
• Scholarships covers only the tuition fees, and do not include neither the “Application for Admission” form and the “Annual Registration” fees nor the logging, transportation or other expenses.